Carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal. It can also cause other unpleasant symptoms like headaches. If your chimney is not regularly cleaned and inspected, obstructions can interrupt the flow of air…putting you in danger.
Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas that is formed through moisture, incomplete combustion and negative air pressure. It usually happens when there are people who smoke in the house, fuel-burning devices most especially in your chimney. Carbon monoxide is common inside the chimney because of the air that goes in and out of the chimney and also the particles that come from open combustion; complete or incomplete.
It cannot be seen, felt and also doesn’t have any odor. When you experience symptoms like nausea, headache and fever that are all too familiar, you tend to think it’s just a case of the common flu. So you don’t have it examined by a medical professional. However, only a thorough medical examination by your doctor can determine whether or not it is carbon monoxide poisoning. A piece of advice: when you feel ill, go and see your doctor. Early diagnosis and treatment will benefit you in the long run.
To proactively stop carbon monoxide from entering your home, it’s always good to have your chimney checked ad swept regularly. Also, the use of carbon monoxide detectors or alarms can prove to be very useful. They help in determining if carbon monoxide is present inside the house and if it is mild or already too dangerous.
A chimney cap will also help big time. It will lessen the chances for water to seep in since it’s the number one cause of most of the problems in the chimney. It can also prevent any bad air from coming in and allowing bad smoke to also go out properly.
We have been serving the beautiful people in the northeastern part of Florida for over thirty years now, we are proud of the services we provide. Let us become your trusted source for all things chimney.